It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Change is in the air

I do love Autumn.
In the world where  we come from, the first crisp nights of Fall, the changing of the leaves, the trips  upstate  in NY,  where we would go apple picking and buy a pumpkin for Halloween, were all wrapped up in my love for the area and my appreciation for Autumn.
When I moved  to NY  , the song that was played on every radio  wherever I went was  Moondance by Van Morrison.  Since then, I associate Autumn with this song.

I grew up in the South , I dislike extended periods of heat and humidity.
Buenos Aires seems to have a 6 month summer and it tends to be very warm at times and quite humid.
The fall and winter make  up for it by being bright, sunny and cool... never snow.
The scent of woodsmoke is in the air, the parks have dried up leaves on the ground, one could almost close their eyes and imagine they were back in that world that they came from.

Today was such a day.
Of course , a few hours of it were spent in a movie.
We saw The Hunger Games.
I was happy to be out in the sunshine when we left but I was surprised at how cool it was  !
I had to go home and change clothes and get a sweater !
I am so happy.

Hunger Games review:
We liked it.
It was entertaining , tense at times and I am already beginning to forget it.
A perfect afternoon movie when you don't need something that you must pay attention to lest you forget an important part.

I am saving that for the Stuff that we have to do here at home.
Stuff that I will talk about soon enough.. changes are in the air at home as well as in the weather.

But for now, I am enjoying crisp fall nights , sleeping with no air conditioning for the first time in about 4-5 months, taking long walks again without melting into the sidewalk and wearing sweaters that I forgot that I bought !
Don't you just love that ?
You go to the drawer with winter clothes and find something new .. like they grew over the summer .
And not a moment too soon, I am so sick of my summer clothes !

And now to choose where dinner is coming from tonight ~

1 comment:

  1. stopping by to wish you a belated
    Happy birthday and for today,
    a very happy UN-birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger