It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mothers Day

We have lived here for almost 5 years, you would think we would know the holidays by now.
But I guess, after all those years in the US and or the Northern Hemisphere, we have the holidays and their dates ingrained in our brains.
My brain is having enough trouble keeping up with Things ... how was I supposed to remember that Today is Mothers Day ??
And to top it off, it is gloomy and cool and rain looked imminent.
It just made us put off our trip North until next week.

So we took the cameras and wandered through the Feria, listening to the shoppers.
A pair of pretty Russian girls shopping for scarves and sweaters.. ( I bet they need them when they go back home ) and a lot of English being spoken ..
A French couple ... I hear them before I notice what they look like ..
My ears have gotten so attuned to Spanish that when I hear anything Not Spanish, tiny bells ring in my head !
Listen ! What's that he said ?? Did you understand it ? Oh, it wasn't English ? What was it ?
As you can tell, my poor head is crowded these days.

Wandering away from the Feria, we bought our L'Occitane soap at the Farmacia then headed off into the neighborhood.
We found Oriental rugs that we loved in a shop that was closed of course, they are never open when I see something I must have immediately, you ever notice that happening ? hmmm.
Then past the real estate offices .. so many beautiful apartments for sale ... hmmmm.
The park was empty, the streets were pretty empty, if we had realized it at the time, it would have made a lot of sense .. everyone is visiting with Mother !
I found a little something that I can wear to the next Revolution .. French Revolution .. I don't think there are any planned here.
Then on past the shops and homes with beautiful gardens and back to our cozy apartment with pretty music playing.
Happy Mothers Day !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger