It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Slothful


I have become a sloth.
I am slothful.
It might have something to do with cold mornings or just laziness.
Going to bed with all good intentions of getting up and out of the house early, I find that I wake early enough, but I loll around too much, I sit at the computer with my coffee too long, I dawdle.
That's it , I have returned to my dawdling stage in life.
Good, glad I got that straightened out, now we know what to call it.

We were going to Palermo today.
But someone was dawdling too long .. we grabbed up our cameras and walked out the door and ended up in my favorite barrio.
It is tiny, the real estate for Every Single Dwelling is over 1 million dollars...
U. S. Dollars.
This means that even my powers of talking people into things is not even going to be considered.
Therefore, the inhabitants of this wonderful tiny area of beauty, can find me in their streets, on their sidewalks, with camera in hand, mooning over their homes, wishing I could live there too.
I know, there are times that I am so pathetic, it makes even me want to slap me.

It is 2 months give or take a day or two until our guests arrive.
I have lists and lists of things To Do before they get here.
Nothing has been done so far.
I have lists and lists of things that the Painter/Plumber has to do...
Nothing has been done so far.
I even wanted to make some pillow covers for this guest room,
nothing has been done so far.
Perhaps I am not the only slothful one here ?

I can see that last week before they arrive, when the two of us are madly dashing here and there, trying to get everything done .

Today on our walk, we met a lady that we know from dog walks in parks .. the first thing she said as she walked towards us, was ... Tell me about Tate.
She knew he had not been well, seeing us in a park without him could only mean one thing.
I hit a mini milestone though, I was able to talk to her without crying.
It has only been 6 weeks, I don't know how long it will be before I can write about him without crying.
This was the weather he loved best.
Without Tate around to photograph, I am busy with the neighborhood, people, homes and whatever happens to catch my fancy.
I might have to make a coffee table book.
It will be for especially large coffee tables.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger