It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Primavera and What was I going to say?


We went back to the Hospital today.
I found out from my lovely friend Sandra , that once a year, they close the hospital and clean it from top to bottom.
I imagine this is a very Good Thing.
I now know to watch out for this next year when making plans for appointments.

I am pleased to say that I was a brave girl and did what I had to do and what every woman should do every year and I am fine.
I didn't kiss the technician but I felt like it.
But I did get out of there as fast as possible, hoping not to see that place for a while.
Seems like I have seen this hospital more in the past 4 years than anyone I know, and I am never sick. . Hospital sick.
But I guess that is part of it, I keep things watched and checked and stay well.
But yesterday was also Primavera and I think lolling in the park on a blanket with friends listening to music would have been a good way to spend the day.
Next year, that is what we will do.

About buying the purse that I have my eye on.
If not that one, another one will be purchased and odds are it will be this weekend.
Sometimes, you just need a new handbag.
For no reason.
Well, no reason a man would understand.

We are going to an Art Show tomorrow and hopefully to the cinema.

It is Spring .. so today was freezing cold and raw and grey.
I am starting to call my coats names and tell them I never want to see them again.
I have been wearing my little Chanel style work boots every day.
When I put on a ballet flat or any open shoe, my feet get all nervous and say Stop ! Look at us ! all white and naked ! cover us up, quick !!
I guess when the air is warm, they will feel like being out in it more often.
But they will miss those boots, they are so comfortable !

I plan to do some serious shoe shopping soon.
I love the new styles and if they don't have the best selections of shoes here in Buenos Aires, I don't know who does.
Well, alright, Paris does, Rome and London and okay !! New York City has a few nice shoe shops, but still, BA has sufficient numbers of fabulous shops for shoes.
And I intend on visiting them all.

Palermo is calling to me, I think this weekend might involve, Margaritas, Shopping, Giggling, Shopping.. please be sunny and warm !!

Our visitors will be here in 2 months.
Lists and lists are being written in my head, they really should be on paper.
My head seems to misplace things a lot lately.
Dates, names, words, faces... it is a very good thing that guy I live with, whatsisname, has a good memory.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the bag is still there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see a photo of "the bag"! Every one needs a wonderful bag every now and again. They make us feel "worth it".

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger