It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Think Cool Thoughts

Where am I ?? Why am I not in this photo ??
Where is Pup ?? He isn't there either ?
Ppppfffffftttt ! It is 89ΒΊ and we are behaving as if we are , perhaps, vampires? We walk along the buildings, under the balconies, hugging the sides of the buildings to stay in the shade.
We dash across the street, as if we have just been pushed out into the Sahara, hurrying to the other side, into the shade. Walking various routes instead of the most direct, that one is in too much sun !
Thank goodness for the street with all the shade trees.
Taking Pup to the park, we see a homeless man holding a tiny baby bird that has apparently fallen out of a tree. My husband tells me he was holding the bird this morning. While we were there, he put the bird in the tree, when we were leaving, I saw a mother bird, in the branches. I am hoping it was a joyous mother - birdie reunion.
There is no possibility of dinner being Cooked. We bought cherries, tomatoes, avocados and tonights dinner will be a super duper salad.
Tomorrow we are going out. A Celebration .. should be fun.
I am now counting the days until Fall. That's it for me... nice, Summer, now let's cool off .






4 comments:

  1. I shall send some of our snow your way (yes, it has snowed here again!) to help cool you down. On a serious side I really fancy some salad right now but it just won't cut it with all the cold here, warm hearty food is the only way to go and unfortunately not the best way for my tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can have some of our snow, too. Can we have some of your heat (not too much, please)?
    I'm counting the days till our next 'warm' holiday. Three more months to go ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are extremely brave staying in Buenos Aires during summer! I've being trying to get mentally ready for the 3 weeks I'll be there soon...HOT!
    Thank you for my anniversary wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piglet, I was pregnant during the winter, baby born in Jan. I gained so much weight, staying in all the time, eating :)
    I actually really enjoyed that winter .

    Mym, Thank you, your heat is on the way. I hope it makes it in the mail.
    3 months is not bad .. 90 days.. a blink of an eye ...

    Nice and Easy, this year it seems hotter sooner.
    We are planning to make this the last year for such craziness.. either a beach town here or a visit to somewhere cooler is in the research stages.
    de nada :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger