It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ho Ho Hum

The week flew by and I have nothing to show for it.
Other than some blogs and I guess I gained a pound. Being inside when it is so hot out, with the a/c going and getting bored ( sort of like winter /cold in reverse) I tend to plan and prepare bigger dinners than the 2 of us need. They are tasty , but too much. It is summer, I should be eating a leaf of lettuce and drinking mineral water. But no, I hit the jackpot with a recipe from a magazine brought by the wonderful lady from Canada and I made a couscous with fruit and olives and onions and roasted some salmon to go with it.
Of course, all of that needed a sweet to chase it, Cherry and Chocolate ice cream just happened to be in the freezer.
So I am disgusted with myself and planning on how to not cook and or eat anymore. I am thinking of going on a Watermelon diet. The produce markets are full of them. I eat some every day. Why not only eat one every day?
It's an idea.
In the magazines are articles showing lovely winter scenes with Christmas ornaments. They don't really decorate and go all out here , the way they do back in the US. I have a few treasured ornaments and things that I could not leave behind, but not much.
So I am thinking of doing much more this year with flowers and maybe wreaths and maybe ornaments that will be turned into something else .. it is all very vague right now.
I just know that I miss Christmas and all the lights and color and even though it is the wrong season, I will try to pretend it is cold outside and be Jolly inside.

thanks to Pauline for the photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger