It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Highlanders and all....


Across the street from my house, when I lived in New York,there was a rickety looking big old barn.
The field where the barn was located was pretty,rolling hills and sheep dotting those hills, it was always quiet.
I was in the barn once and got to listen to a new baby lamb ....barely walking,all wobbly and tiny and fussing for mama to feed him.
Also in the barn were the Highlanders.
I grew up in the South and cattle and horses were ordinary sights but a big old barn full of sheep..Highland cattle and 1 little baby Highlander calf  just grabbed me..
The sounds, sights and scents,were familiar but as an adult with no one expected to yell at me to get away from those smelly animals! I could stay there as long as I wanted..
I don't want to live on a farm but after living in such a totally opposite sort of location and atmosphere,as I am now,... I realize how charmed I was, by the familiar yet totally different.. I think I might like being there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger