It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Sunny

Ahhh...Sunny Florida ... I remember when I heard the term "snowbirds" years ago and thought it was comical but right now I am sorry for those who escape the cold up North,  to stay in Florida for a while.
It is 50F in Jacksonville today.
I feel sorry for the neglected cat that spent last night in my house ,in a nest of warm blankets. I felt bad letting her out,this morning,  she is outside now, cold.

I am full of plans and ideas for this new year , they can't be spoken of yet but when the time is right.....

Now I am going to have some hot soup.

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Candice,
    Well, sunny it has been here as well for the past couple of days but windy and nippy!
    Sad for the neglected cat... WHY can people not feel responsible for their pets?
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight I fed her and she is sleeping on my lanai
    I will let her out in the morning.
    Hugs to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming to south Florida in 10 days and so looking forward to it. I noticed you had downloaded new mysteries to read, can you share? Good beach and lanai reads. Happy New Year Scarlet and I hope it brings you some comfort and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy
      Anything by Charles Todd and for charming light mysteries Aunt Dimity by Nancy Atherton.
      Try to start at the beginning with Aunt Dimity...
      Daniel Silva is brilliant , read anything of his.
      I am in bed with a headache so that’s all the thinking I can do right now.

      Delete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger