It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Finding A Place

I have made some decisions based on recent events in my life which will ultimately /probably mean some Big Changes..
I will blog when /if there is anything of interest to share but I don't want to lose everyone by boring then to death.

I am going to look at the New Year as a Time to make all kinds of changes based on what I want..no one else.
Well ....the cats have a vote but they are generally happy with warmth,regular mealtimes,good Windows to sit in and like my own wishes, to be somewhere we can feel safe.

Weather has a tiny bit to do with it... There is no joy waking up to weather warnings and learning Hurricane Preparedness .

I will also remember what my husband used to say .... You never really know people.
And you should never blindly trust someone.

I have been guilty of making some mistakes but the repercussions have been the sort that I cannot live with.

So for now I am here and doing my research , later we will talk about it more and get ideas.
This is my New Years Wish for everyone .......Find your Place - The One That Makes You Happy.

3 comments:

  1. I am sending you wishes for a Happy New Year and for wisdom in deciding on happy and productive changes. I will stay tuned to hear what you have in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Candice,
    Well. you no doubt will work it out.
    We're quite happy here, even more so now our bathroom has been renovated and all things got done.
    Wishing only that we soon would sell the adjacent lot.
    We created a kind of Arboretum but Pieter no longer can do the pruning etc. that goes with the upkeep. We've been paying a young man but we'd rather sell it and don't pay taxes and upkeep for it.
    Still chronicling our life's stories, mainly our adventurous trips as International Consultants. India is done and posts are scheduled. Feels great for having done that part and Pieter loves re-living it all.
    Praying that God will grant me time for completing it before it will be too late...
    Sending you hugs, and above all a Happy & Healthy 2019!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger