It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

October Cats etc

I have the cats, I can buy pumpkins nearby but I need those stairs !! During these holidays, these times when you decorate your home and do festive cheerful things, I miss Home the most .. during an ordinary week here, I go to the store and take walks. I spend most of my time out on the lanai with the cats or reading in the living room.
My living room has a wall of glass, so it is like being outdoors but with air conditioning.
The cats are content .. give them a pillow, a sofa, a coffee table to sleep under and they are content.
Merlin with his old bones gets the dog bed.
Minette likes to scare me by opening the door to the antique cabinet that is now the stereo cabinet and she sleeps on top of the equipment inside. It isn't on so it isn't warm, I can't figure that one out.
Honey likes to be out on the lanai on a chair with a pillow or wherever I am. She is a sweet little ( well not so little) shadow ...

Today is very gloomy and dreary but not too bad because it is still warm and there is a green forest outside my windows so I have no real weather/view complaint.
Mostly I am just feeling a bit isolated and sad these days.
My favorite time of year is Autumn and my favorite place would be New York, upstate with the fabulous colors of Autumn and friends and new babies to meet and kiss.

So enjoy the time of year wherever you are and tell me about the weather where you are .. the idea that I hear about Hurricanes while looking at Halloween photos boggles my mind.


                                                      My own evil kitchen cat
                                          ** There is not an evil bone in her body**

2 comments:

  1. I think you should put a pumpkin up there next to kitty. It's just like the stairs only better. You won't trip.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger