It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

The Morning Merlin Report


I won't say he is fit as a fiddle or fine or feels great. He doesn't talk to me much about things in the morning. But he slept all night, no noises or signs of distress and he ate breakfast ... confused that I started clapping my hands and telling him how wonderful he was ... and then he went out to the lanai as is his habit and jumped !!! into his favorite chair where he went to sleep ...
It is Morning nap time ... which is after waking up time and breakfast time and before lunch time and afternoon nap time etc.
He purrs when I kiss him or snuggle him. Minette is a good barometer of how Merlin is.
She was not hovering over him this morning.
She is out on the lanai with him, napping also.
Honey is here with me. She and I don't need naps. Not until after lunch anyway.
Guests will be coming in a matter of days !!
I am not prepared, mentally or any other way.
I hate my vacuum and have to figure out a way to clean a flight of stairs that are carpeted.. without falling down and breaking my neck.


So this is the Morning Merlin Report


3 comments:

  1. He has not come out from under the bed but he did move closer to the bowl I was holding and hand feeding him kibble..
    He purrs when I pet him but not when he is just laying there so I am hopeful he is not in any sort of pain.
    He might just be tired and I might just be insecure.
    A person can just reach a point where enough is enough, whatever it is ... I reached that point .. Merlin has to live .
    Minnette and Honey have already promised they will live with me until we are all old ladies. Merlin just has to get on board with this !

    Thank you for the good thoughts ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is walking eating and lolling in the sun on the lanai. Minette is staying right by his side. Honey is still sleeping in upstairs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger