It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Magical

It’s a hot day but the humidity is tolerable and there is a little breeze
I decided to get my kindle and come out onto the lanai where sleeping cars litter the place but I got a chair after Minette went inside to cool off, followed by Old Man Merlin.
I returned to my murder mystery.
I kept hearing little chirpy squeaky sounds that I ignored then looked up to see what was going on.

The last thing I expected to see.

A Hummingbird Fight
Well-not exactly a “fight” but a little air warfare going on.
I have seen all kinds of birds fighting or bickering over something but this was a First.

The tiny birds
The tiny beautiful birds.
Darting here and there so fast.
A duel between magical beings in plain sight of ordinary humans

It was a gift.




2 comments:

  1. They are fascinating creatures, hummingbirds. Can’t get enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore those little birds. I've always had 2-3 fighting over my feeder each year - but this year they have not returned :( I can't imagine why not, and I've been very sad about it :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger