It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Citizens of the Forest

At night, I like to sit out on the lanai with the lights off and just listen to the music in the house and the forest , night sounds outside.
I am just a few feet from the forest.
We have raccoons, opossums, deer, wolves and the occasional green snake so far .. I am sure there are plenty of things I have not seen and I am ok with that ... I can hear things too, that I am ok with hearing but not seeing.

Now and then a little creature will come out into the lawns behind the building and I sit on the lanai, no lights on and the cats and I watch the 'Possums toddle around, ugly and cute at the same time.
Raccoons are such rascals, they come right to the lanai, put their faces to the screen and look in.
Once I said hello, he ran. I just sit there now and smile to myself.. sometimes feeling a bit sad that I have no one to share it with but I enjoy seeing them.
Sitting here in this place, so gated and posh and no one walks, just drives, no one chats, but it is safe and clean .. my condo is beautiful and I have a forest for a view and raccoons who visit so there are no complaints coming from me.
Not to mention the thrill the cats get when they are on one side of the screen and there is a raccoon on the other.
Both tend to realize what they are looking at , up close and personal .... and they turn and run for cover.

My nights are not so boring ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger