It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Bored, Isolated & Itching

                                         Photo : Crush Cul de Sac

This has been me that past few days and I expect it to continue.
Florida is pretty, it doesn't snow, (although I actually miss the sight of snow) and while it has hurricanes that scare the pants off me, it is mostly calm and extremely boring ..

I like it here, but I would not say no to moving back to New York in a flash.

I see now why there are some people who become hermits ... partly because there is nowhere to meet people unless you strike a conversation up with a poor unsuspecting shopper at Publix.
Or have a creepy neighbor who must have gotten to the point where he has to pop out and startle his neighbors and then walk beside them talking the whole time about how much he likes living in Florida.
And then there is the condo that is too luxurious to complain about and the cats that are happy and if I can't be where I want to be, then I can be bored to tears in a very posh condo with bored cats.

But then yesterday I made the mistake of walking in the back of the condo, in the grass, and I woke up this morning with bites all over my ankles.
I take that back ... I hate it here.
I am bored, isolated and itching.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger