It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, April 6, 2018

The Cat

So .... I have this lanai and outside the lanai is a lawn of nice grass then a pine tree forest.
A very large forest , State land and no buildings on it.
So when a stray animal..say a wolf or fox wanders out of the woods, you know they live there.
And as in last night, when a beautiful cat comes to the door crying, you can figure it lives here in the community .. even here with a parkway nearby,wolves and foxes etc in the forest ... people let their cats out ...
Why ? what's the matter, can't change a litter box ? you must not have children.
Too lazy to clean the litter box ? what is the point in getting a cat to let it go outside.

We are not in the country .. there are parkways and cars and lakes with 3 ... yes, that is right, the lake on our property has 3 alligators in it now.
But some numbskull decided to let his cat out at night.

It came to my door like any smart cat ... was let in, had a snack ... a really good snuggle and petting session and decided she liked it here.

IF  I were just a not very nice person ... I would have let the cat in and kept it.
Whoever it belongs to doesn't keep up their side of the bargain, but no, I fed her and petted her then I let her out the door. . then I worried, so I drove to the house that I thought was her house ,..which is about 4 houses down from me.
The man came to the door and I smiled and said Hi, did the cat make it back :) ??
And that man, whom I have never met, or spoken to ... ranted and raved and yelled at me.

Due to awful events in the past couple of years, I have this little mind trick now - I don't do it on purpose, it just happens.
I heard the man yelling, I saw his ugly angry face and I cannot remember one word he said.
This is not such a bad side effect of shock ..
I do remember to never go near that man again and I told someone about it for Just In Case but still...

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished.

                        But she likes me and had a good day so there is a good side to the story ..

4 comments:

  1. That man is a jacka$$! Wish you had kept the kitty....she deserves a good human like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fed her this morning and she and I had a little petting session .. F* that man :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is on my lanai right now with a big towel to keep her dry and warm .. and a bowl of kibble.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little cat is still left to wander, there are some very large raccoons in the woods and they come to my door !! so I do worry about the cat. The owner is an ass but nothing anyone can do about that. I will try to keep an eye on the cat and avoid the owner ... life is so complicated lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger