It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Today

It is chilly, grey , damp and I need a fireplace and someone needs to  make some hot soup !
Oh ... that will have to be me, I guess.
I can be sure the cats will keep my spot warm .. on the soft sofa with the soft blankets while I try to hurry a pot of soup into being hot and tasty.

Or ..... I can bring my cup of tea upstairs, sit in a comfy chair with a soft throw and read a good book..while a couple of cats argue over who sits on mama's lap and mama makes sure sleepy Merlin is warm and not disturbed during his nap.
Merlin is no longer a fan of cold weather and has been moving more slowly lately ... so his Mama is spoiling him outrageously ... He deserves it all.

OK ... have a good day, stay warm and dry and cozy wherever you are ... talk to you later !!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that photo made me LOL! So cute :) That is one thing I miss about living far away from my daughter and in a more isolated neighborhood - days of being able to just stay in my robe all day with messy hair and no makeup, cook something good, and just read and watch TV. Now I feel like, even if I'm not expecting anyone to come by, I need to be at least dressed and ready in case they do, haha... And you can't step outside without being in view of the neighbors :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love the photo too :)
    I just finished drying my hair .. not bad, it isn't 2:00 yet .
    I was going to check my mail and take my newest Kindle murder mystery downstairs and read for the rest of the day .. I live on a street of townhouses but the best part is ... the only rooms that look out towards the street is the master bedroom upstairs. Everything else is windows looking out the back ..which for me is a forest . good view .. a little strip of grass then trees and sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought I would, but I loved living in the townhome I rented for 8 months. It had only a small courtyard, but it was enclosed with a brick wall for privacy, and had several large trees I strung with lights, so it was charming. Otherwise, I was able to close all the blinds and have complete privacy when I wanted. And I, in my mid-50's, was the youngest person in the tiny complex, so it was quiet, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am younger / the same age as most people here but it is so private, I rarely see anyone who lives here .. except my next door neighbors. both have white hair lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger