It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Saturday

I remember when Saturday used to mean so many things.
Sleeping late. Planning the day over coffee .. getting things done that could only be done on the weekend .. going out to dinner sometimes or just ordering in .. not a lot of cooking was done on my weekends, back then.

Nowadays ... not a lot of cooking is done any time .. week days or weekends.
The cats get fed and I have coffee and milk in the fridge .. oh yeah, and cinnamon rolls in the pantry.
I am set.

Today I was up early ( as usual, I live on Cat time ) and the plumber came by to fix my sink .
I was mortified to see that the pipe was clogged up. .. with cooked plain spaghetti .. no sauce .. at least that made it a little less disgusting when he pulled out handfuls of pasta from the pipes.. which lead to the garbage disposal but apparently it never made it that far.

I know he will be laughing at me with his wife tonight at dinner .. that lame brained woman with the cats.
Speaking of the cats , one little Blue girl thought he was lying on the floor with his head under the sink so she could climb up on him and take a nap. And that darling man just lay there for a few minutes doing what he had to do .. slowly ... then chatted with me, which was laughable since I was trying to speak Spanish .. but you know what ? I did fine. He understood everything I said and complimented me ... I know I was just beaming when he said that ... I never get to use my Castellano anymore ... Another reason  to go back to BA !!

So it is only 11:30 am on a Saturday and I am dressed and ready for ... something ..
It will probably be me , cats, good book ... tea or coffee .. lanai. And that is just fine.
I am being a cat today .. low energy, lying in the sun ( well sort of ) and in response  to someone who insists that I eat more .. I will eat something .. I have those cinnamon rolls and Nutella...what else does a person need ?

Have a Fun Saturday ! Tomorrow you can tell me about it.

It's Caturday !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger