It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Memories - Sebastian the cat

One day my husband was reading the Sunday Times and he put the paper down and said, 'How would you like to have an Abyssinian kitten  ?'
I had to look them up .. I thought I knew what they looked like but had never seen one in person.
They are gorgeous. They are slinky, long and elegant and gorgeous ..

  I was not that excited about going to see the kitten, I had no hope of it happening .. so I stayed home and he went to see the kitten.

I was busy doing something when he came home, something around the house .. and I heard him walk  down the hall ..... then I heard this sound ... a small bell sound .. he was carrying a little toy with a bell in it ... and behind him came this tiny Ruddy Abyssinian  kitten ... big ears, big eyes, and gorgeous.

We named him Sebastian.
He lived for a long time ... not long enough, they never live long enough .. but he was about 12-13 when he died .. I still miss him sometimes ..

Funny .. the older you get, you go back through memories of other times, happy times, exciting times, love and loss and it is all mixed up in a blend of smiles and tears and wishing you were there again, or that they were here again or that you could do it all over again ..

Minette would have been crazy in love with Sebastian :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger