It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Home ...

"You can't go Home"  ... remember that ?
I think of Buenos Aires as home , often.
NY is home and where I would go back if / when I decide to leave Florida but Buenos Aires was my home .. my husband and I were happy there, we had Tate, our dog and even though Tate died while we were living there, my memories are always of the three of us .. walking all those streets, the parks, the people all wanting to touch him, pet him, talk to us about him.
He helped so much with those early months, settling in to our new home, new life .. he was our Good Boy.
I am so thankful that he was with us as long as he was ..

Some dreadful person on a forum I used to participate on when I lived in Argentina made a snarky comment about where I live ( not in BA)  .. making me think of how nice the people were in Buenos Aires  .. how good mannered they were .. I miss that .. although people in the South are pretty nice and well mannered .. actually, most people everywhere are nice and well mannered ..
Just the rotten apples who  try to spoil things ... a bitter woman makes snide remarks to someone who was actually nice to her ... and she wonders why she has no friends ~

It is late, the stars are falling or something like that .. and the cats are asleep.
I guess it is time to turn off the lights and go to bed.

A Christmas present shopping spree will happen tomorrow ... 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger