It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

If Wishes Were Fishes

Someone asked me what I wanted for my Birthday.
Funny how that question is asked .. over the years, how it is answered.
What is important to a 5 year old .. a 15 year old ... a 30 year old ... and old woman ...

I only want things that are impossible.
I am not sure if that makes me more like the 5 year old or a very old person .

I want  what has been  Lost, to be Found again.
I want to have reason to laugh again.
I want not to be lonely.
I want to be where I want to be, not where I should be or someone else likes me to be.

I want to be in charge of my life.
I want my children to be happy.
I want to be proud of them. and their children.

It is funny, if you think about it, we all know from early on that wishes are just wishes,
there are no fairies who grant them, there are seldom times when you want something and immediately you get it , just the way you wanted it .
Unless it is a supremely chocolate brownie from a famous bakery.

I want only the impossible.
I want to go back in Time.
I want to go to Paris for the First Time again.
I want to take that trip to Italy that we started planning.
I want to return to Buenos Aires for at least half the year..each year .. with my husband.

I want to stay healthy and strong.
I want to keep my memories ..
I want my cats to quit waking me up at 5 am.

How about you ? What are you wishes ? Do you have hope of any of them coming true ?
Do you like to wish ? Or are you one of the Practical ones ?

I wish you would tell me ..........



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger