It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Feline Tomfoolery


​I was getting ready to take a shower, beds made, cats fed and feeling the need for a cat nap .. all was quiet and peaceful.
Then Minette came into the room.

I accidentally kicked a little ball with a rattle inside ... the  Feline Futbol Game commenced !

It was hilarious, Merlin just watched, he said I'm too old for this tomfoolery.

I sat on the floor and cheered on the kitty, giving  applause at the appropriate moment and had a few laughs.

Merlin just closed his eyes and sighed .. 


Honey was too full of her breakfast ( and Merlins and Minettes) to do much more than roll over in the sun and nap some more.
Minette thought they were all Party Poopers but she took a nap and then climbed up on her Lookout point on the patio so she could keep an eye out for intruders.

* we have seen 1 armadillo and a few birds and one bright green snake so far *


4 comments:

  1. Hello Candice,.

    I have no idea if you have a Trader Joe's near you but if you do. and you like Argentinian Langostinos you must try and get some. I am not talking about the mini babies but some robust ones and delicious under the name of Red Shrimp from Argentina, I just made probably one of the nicest Paellas I have made in a while. I usually buy only fresh fish at Uwajimaya here, nice Japanese grocers and their wares are great but even these frozen ones were full of flavor and tasty. I was there to keep stocking my palmitos - again, they are just like the ones at home and I am afraid they may not carry them during the winter although they are in jars with just water and citric acid.

    Anyway, I hope this finds you well, I don't post often but I read your blog when I can, and yes to your wishes in Buenos Aires. I too love cemeteries and my Mother was buried at the Recoleta and all of us were baptized at Nuestra Señora del Pilar. Go, I am going home too but I am not sure when just yet. Take care and enjoy the weather.

    Allegra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allegra, I can't eat shrimp , I am allergic.
    I used to love Paella :)
    We lived on Pueyrredon around the corner of Vicente Lopez ... down towards the Hard Rock/mall...parks.
    And we often visited the cemetery .. it is like going to a museum .. and we saw a night wedding at the Nuestra Senora de Pilar one time that was just enchanting !
    Thank you, the weather is great so far, maybe I will see you in BA someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, Ann Marie, stop being a troublemaker ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger