It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, December 7, 2015

Cozy

There has been a lot of this going on ... yes, this ... naps.
Everyone is doing it around here.
I expect to walk out the door and see a chipmunk napping on the porch.
The birds take naps in the trees.
I saw a bug sitting outside the window ... sitting very still ... he was napping.
Now and then some birds fly over but the rest ... they are still napping.

Minette is in the window, on her pillow .. she pretends to be awake when I walk in there .. but she is napping. How I have resisted this long is beyond me ... it is a perfect day for a nap.
Cold ... brrrr.
Sunny but too cold to be out there...
Now the sun is setting. It is 3:20 in the afternoon and the sun is down to the tree tops.
Ridiculous.

Realtors are vying for attention but buyers seem to be hiding.
Someone came to see the house.
Someone made an offer.
I said come back when you are sober.
We will see what happens.
Everyone always wants to be the "winner" .. to have a good story about how they got Something for Nothing. A very bad trait in my opinion .. but in this case .. it won't happen.

While the kitties have been napping, I have been doing more work on my closets.
I have a few handbags. Well ..... more than a few .... OK !! I have many handbags !
They all need to be looked at, said hello to and wrapped up to prepare for being put in boxes.
I have to explain it all to them so they are not upset ... that ocean voyage they took that took forever caused them to be a bit neurotic about being in boxes .. on moving vans ... in trucks, boats or airplanes.
They are homebodies, they only want to be out when they are with me.

Sort of like the cats.



3 comments:

  1. Perfect day for a nap....go on...you can do it!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I controlled myself and stayed awake. Tonight I will sleep like a bebe ..

      Delete
  2. Oh dear ..... moving is so stressful, isn't it ? I'm sure that it will all sort itself out eventually .... patience is the key they say !!!
    Have a nap for me !! XXXX

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger