It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

November

November

The stripped and shapely
Maple grieves
The loss of her
Departed leaves.

The ground is hard,
  As hard as stone.
The year is old,
  The birds are flown.

And yet the world,
  Nevertheless,
Displays a certain
  Loveliness ----

The beauty of
  The bone. Tall Dog
Must see our souls
  This way and nod.

Give thanks; we do,
  Each in his place
Around the table
  During grace.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem. I had to look it up, as I hadn't come across it before. It makes me wish my grandsons could read English so I had an excuse to buy the Children's Calendar!

    Thankyou for introducing this to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and I am so glad you liked it.
    We have had calendars in the past in French and Spanish. It actually helps you learn a few words in another language and children soak up that sort of thing. Try it ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the poem! Thanks for sharing it.
    I think of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful poem! I can't believe November is almost over. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving Day :-)
    Sorry I've been missing. Been bit too busy. Happy Saturday and enjoy rest of the holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend from High school (50 years ago!!!) was just in Buenos Aries on a business/pleasure trip and took some beautiful pictures I thought you may like to see them? Great poem by the way!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=870922316310877&set=pcb.870923699644072&type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the photos, Jan !!
    Thank you Tamago .. I have totally lost track of the days, I was thinking it was Friday today :)
    I am losing control of Time ! haha ~
    Marianna, Thank you so much ..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger