It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I'm Not Ready !

I keep thinking there are a few days , at least, until Thanksgiving !
I have everything for the meal ... will make a few things ahead of time, today.
The beds are ready and the house is dusted and there are no large balls of Merlins hair lying around.

I could build another cat with the hair he leaves lying around.

Minette , the Good Girl, went up on top of the fridge where she is sleeping.
That is her new Favorite Nap Place , her favorite Scare Mama place and Keep Warm place.

Merlin lays on the sofa .. he is not that adventurous ... a nice big sofa cushion with a blanket just for him is fine. All he could ever ask for. And there is no danger of rolling off in his sleep and falling 5-6 feet.

He will be gobsmacked, baffled, dazed and confused not to mention horrified when People arrive at our door. People and one small creature who will want to touch him !
I don't expect Merlin to leave my closet, room , bathroom for the duration of the visit.
I will have to take his dinner in to him.

Which leads me to wonder how he will like taking that long drive in a car ... for 3 days .. hotel rooms at night ... strange people, smells, cold and noise and a car ... I know it is all hard enough on me !

Minette will be a little trooper .. she will be curious, adventurous and fearless , especially since she can sleep next to mama .. that is my little girl.


Although I have decided, when we are not in the car with them in a crate, they will be in the crate in the hotel room too.
It is too scary horrifying and dangerous ( for them and my peace of mind  ) not to be always safely tucked away in their crate .

So I have our version of Thanksgiving planned and I hope to be able to enjoy more time with the baby than with the dinner and stove.

It won't be a  long visit so I have to make the most of it.

Public Service Announcement ..
My house is for sale. You can come buy it now.
Thank you.



2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Candice...
    Enjoy that sweet boy♥️
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! He talked to me tonight on the phone. Boy does he sound grown up :) I can't wait to see him.

      Delete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger