It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Words

Step -Sister Ugly ... someone ( clever) posting a comment on a fashion blog .. about a cute girl in a cute outfit with the ugliest clunky shoes ... labeled it perfectly Step Sister Ugly.

Now before any knickers get twisted, I am a step sister. I do not take offense.
The step sister to Cinderella should be offended ...

Lately I have been getting such a kick out of reading the comments and posts of my fellow bloggers.

One of my favorites ( not that I don't love every single one of them ) is Going Gently.
Partly because of the words and expressions used by everyone on there .. but me. The American.
But I just love reading the blog ... he is a big softie .. loving his dogs and neighbors and partner and just being a Treat.

A Treat. That is what my husband said to me, in the earliest days of meeting him.
He told me I was a Treat. It was easy to pick that word up and use it for my own.
He was a Treat. One that doesn't come along often and you are extremely lucky when you recognize it and keep it. Treats like him are for keeps. A Keeper.
Another good word.

I have a couple of friends who are Keepers.
My cats are keepers lol.

Do you have someone who is a Keeper ? Do they know ? why are they are Keeper ?

Your own children goes without saying .. although there have been times that I remember wishing someone would make me an offer, here, take her for a while, she is yours.
or you think he is cute ? you take him then !

My cats are keepers. Minette because I have had her since she was just weeks old .. she lived through so much at that wee tiny age ... and is now a fierce little girl .. she doesn't take guff from anyone !

And then there is Merlin ... can a cat get any sweeter ?? I doubt it !
He lays on the sofa ... it is sometimes hard to tell the head from the tail .. a great pile of soft hair.
If you get close and whisper his name ... say I love you ... you hear the purring start.
I don't even have to touch him ... all it takes is I Love You.

Try it with your pet.
Try it with your partner .. your sleeping child ( like there is anyone on here with a child that Doesn't do this ??! )

Whisper .... I Love You ..  you are a Keeper too, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger