It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Reading

Having visited a doctor and having been told to stay home, rest, relax, eat ... I have decided to put the time to good use . I got out the Kindle and started to lose myself in worlds far from here, where Minette and I muddle along together.

I have a perfect house for reading and relaxing .. there is the huge sofa in the living room with a massive window to bring in light and remind me of where I am.. ( I   tend to get lost in a good book). There is room for Minette to sleep, play, be  a guard kitten on the sofa or  in the big window.

There is the "solarium" .. a room in the back .. all windows, floor to ceiling, with views of trees, birds, an occasional deer or three, the resident woodchuck and Minettes chipmunks.
That is where you can find Minette most days- keeping an eye on the chipmunks.
She may have slipped over into the realm of neurotic or maybe just fanatic .. we will see.

The bedrooms and this room all have big soft beds, big soft sofas and lots of windows, I am spoiled for choice as to where to settle in with a good book.

Today will be the living room sofa.
It is beautiful out and I am feeling weak and pitiful so I can be snug on the big sofa with blankets and still see everything out that window,   in the light and sunshine and enjoy a good read ...

It would be nice if someone were here to make my tea for me or just to curl up at the other end of the sofa and read also,  but I try not to think about that too much.

I wish they still delivered the New York Times here,.
I used to read the Fashion pages and Magazine while my husband would find out about the World, the USA and where to take me to dinner this week or better yet, where to go on vacation .. which leads to Where to Live after having been there on vacation ..

Happy Reading ..

I just finished The Garden Plot , by Mary Wingate... 
Great  light read.. combines all my favorites, Mystery, England, Gardening and Romance.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger