It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Changes

Looking out the kitchen window. Flowers and greenery outside, flowers and greenery inside.
I look outside and marvel that there is still no snow ... there was so much, at times I wondered if it would just last forever. I worried that the snow would last longer than I would.

Now it is green .. no snow .. no  rain .. just green.. flowers.. trees blooming. Birds everywhere.
Chipmunks going wild .. squirrels, deer but not so much now that there is an alfalfa field out there for them to pig out in every day.
There is no hunting allowed in this area, the creatures are safe and pretty well fed.

The population at the  farm up the hill is growing .. in the afternoon you can hear the baby sheep and goats.
The goats are comical, they baaaa to each other, back and forth, back and forth, for what seems like hours ..
The one horse just grazes in the grass and ignores them all.
I would talk to him and pet him, but the Highland Cattle and their massive horns want to come see what's going on and I don't think I want to disturb things too much !

I have poppies blooming. Fabulous orange poppies.
I have giant turtles crossing the street and going to a pond/swamp ? somewhere on the other side of the field behind my house .. I wonder how long it takes to get from Here to There ..
I wonder what a baby snapping turtle looks like ...
Big Daddy/Mama is scary looking if you were to ask me.

Minette keeps track of things at the bird feeder from her little bed at the sliding glass doors.
She is growing up, calming down.
She sleeps later, gets in bed with me and both of us sleep later.
I sometimes wake the second time to kitten kisses or someone nibbling on my fingernails.

Spring is here ... Summer is on the way ... nothing ever stops changing .. Everything changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger