It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Party Time

Tomorrow I pick someone up at the airport.
This is great .
Let's hope I manage to find the way to the airport .


The little family will drive up to join in my Birthday celebrations.

The kitten is excited, she gets to see the baby.
She is not that interested in the baby but she likes his toys.
And enjoys a nap on his blankets.
You know how it goes, naps are more fun on someone else's blanket.

The snow is slowly disappearing , the huge mounds are still there and might be there in June.
The Snow Geese fly over , honking and honking, so I guess if they are going home, North, it must mean Spring / Summer is on the way.
I have to say though, since this has been the Longest Winter Of My Life ... I will have to see it to believe it.

Like, when Summer arrives, I want a Team of Experts here to let me know if it is Really Summer or just Pretend Summer.

Then I might put away  the woolens, comforters, extra heaters, gloves, mittens, scarves, hats and thermals   .

But for now, there is still snow out there, to remind my Visitor that this is what you  don't  have to live with, you lucky girl.
And she will enjoy it because it is a novelty now... then she will go back home and turn up the A/C in her home.


The kitten :
 Minette is just about the sweetest little bitty kitten that I have ever had.
In fact, she is. The best.
She is tiny, I think she will always be a small cat.
She is learning to be cuddly .. without biting.
She washed me today... I have one very clean cheek and hand.
I had to make her stop when she started biting my nails.
She didn't seem worried.
Now I have to cut her nails !
We are a mutual grooming society !

She jumps up on my bed at night and purrs and cuddles.
But when I turn the light off, she thinks that means she is supposed to go exploring.
So she is still sleeping in her crate .. yesterday, she went in and took an afternoon nap. . her crate is her room.
She likes her room.
Nobody else goes in it either.
Today the vet gave us new food, Minette still has stomach issues and she is small.
I need to plump her up.

So I will not be here for a few days.
There are Good Times to be had.
Babies to hold and kiss and love.
Children to hug and kiss and love.
Birthday presents to open, birthday dinners to cook and most of all, I will remember that man that made my life so lovely and wish he were here to blow out the candles with me.
For the first time since I was 21 .. he won't be here to have some birthday cake with me.

Have a good weekend .. I will see you when the Party is over.



5 comments:

  1. Have a lovely time with those that nourish you. You deserve an amazing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased that Minette is a great companion for you, she does sound so sweet. I wish you a very happy birthday and a great time with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in my thoughts as you celebrate your Birthday with your family and Minette. Be brave whilst you are altogether, sharing memories and stories, being Grandma, hugging and loving the everyday things. An empty chair will be difficult, but having the children and grandbaby close by will be lovely.

    Hope you get some special presents, and a eat lots of cake to sweeten up that cold weather.

    Many happy returns,
    Love - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a wonderful time with your family. Happy Birthday, Mailyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...now I see...I should have come here first!
    You are the only person I know that does 2 blogs!
    Enjoy....enjoy.....enjoy!
    🎶HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU🎶
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger