It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Mouses Tale

I have been sleeping OK these past weeks, once I can actually fall asleep.
This being the first time in over 40 years that I have slept at home alone every night.
But lately I have awakened and noticed an itch.
An itchy spot on my right ... breast.

It looks like something has been biting me !
Of course, I changed laundry detergent, soap, lotions, everything that could possibly be causing me to have what look like bites or a rash on my ... chest.

Then I woke up one morning and there were more bites.
Something  is dining out on me as I sleep !!
I am by turns, horrified, angry, disgusted, wanting to run through the house screaming, and well, puzzled.
What in the world is coming into the bed in the night and dining out on my ... chest and then leaving no trace. Not even a note .
No sign of anything during the day ... puzzling.

So I did what all the Smart People do, I called an Exterminator.

Then I washed every sheet and towel and pillow case in the house.

This   nice man came  to the house and inspected it better than the Home Inspection guy.
Then he told me I have mice.

No, the bites on my b**bs are not mouse bites, they are bites from some kind of mite.
A mouse mite.
Are you disgusted yet ?
I am and I already know the end of the story !

For many thousand dollars and a contract that will probably be passed down through my great grandchildren, I can have them exterminate.

I was almost doing it , he was writing it out ... when the neighbor from Heaven came over to see how I was doing.
I told her the story, she discussed it with the exterminator and I ended up telling him I have to think about it, I will call you.

Tomorrow the neighbor is taking me shopping.
She told me I have to get up early and be ready, we have a lot of ground to cover.
I really love her.

We are going to buy mouse traps, the kind that are Black Boxes and Decon.
All for the basement.

For the house ....     I am getting a cat.

Yes, I will soon be the happy property of a cat.

Who will sleep on the bed and eat bugs and mice and keep me company and entertain me and
travel with me.

To the next house .

Yep, I told the realtor to come see me soon.
We have things to talk about.

For now, I am going to be a cat mama again.

Photos as it happens, promise !



8 comments:

  1. Yay! You are so strong and I applaud these decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God!
    I have never heard of that.....
    Thank goodness for your lovely neighbour♥️

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias, Razmataz, besos to you !

    Linda, Who would have ever thought of such a thing !!?? mouse mites bites boobs. No one could make this up ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. The creepy critters want to escape the cold. You have a wonderful neighbor. The cat will be lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being the cat lover I am, having a cat will be such a blessing for you. They are basically low maintenance, quiet and loving. There are so many out there in need of a loving home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG.... thank GOD for the neighbor - she's an angel in disguise!!! Can't wait for you to get your little mouser and start showing pics of it's crazy antics and fun... xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on sleeping, decision making, and God Bless your wonderful neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for you! The love of a beautiful kitty, AND no more mice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger