It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Snow Day !

Todays world.
Cold and beautiful.
I had all sorts of plans to shop and bake and be busy ..
Now I am doing the laundry and watching the snow fall.

I was cheered to see the man with the truck with the plow go by. It helped that slight case of claustrophobia I get when I think I am trapped, that I cannot get out .. my husband used to fix that by telling me all the things I could do and we would do and how he would take care of everything.

I think Chocolate Chip Cookies are in my future. And maybe soup.
Or I will curl up with a book and music and end up taking a nap.
It is a Snow Day. I am allowed.

3 comments:

  1. Gail, in northern CaliforniaDecember 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM

    I shoveled ice from the driveway in hopes of getting out today. County dump truck came through with a front blade. That didn't make a heck of a lot of sense to me...if you're coming through anyway, why not dump sand or fine lava rock en route? I guess skimming over the ice hastens its thaw but some areas never see sunlight. Too much slipping and sliding for me. Had to leave the car stranded across the road and walked back to the house.

    My David would have simply started his four-wheel drive truck and told me to climb aboard, he'd take me to town.

    Reason #1,583,989 I miss him. I'm not equipped to live alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Snow is wonderful from inside looking out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger