It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

And so the story ends ....

Just in case you have suffered amnesia and have no memory of why I have been whining about water damage and bathroom repairs for what seems like the past 6 years but I think might be closer to a year .. or more. Someone with a more rational mind than mine might tell you more precisely. All I know is that my walls were damp, smelly, ugly, peeling, and molding... black mold to keep it as disgusting as possible.
This is with the beginnings of the repairs.
I am not sure if a wall was spared, these certainly weren't !
And our brand new giant mirror suffered also, it is only 3 1/2 years old but here, you grow into an antique quickly. I hesitate to use that magnifying mirror .. I know there is no mold on me, I checked, but the crumbling dark spots... we won't think about that.
And then a super hero came along, disguised as an Argentine Painter.


And there is my new old bathroom once again, in perfect condition. (fingers crossed, spit spit )
I am still miserably sick but I wanted to share good news with you since I have been so ready to share all my whines. 

5 comments:

  1. Really and truly?? Did the paint just cover it up or is it gone, the mold I mean? Our mold is hidden behind the walls and under the wood floors, no surface stuff as of yet...nice huh!?
    Well, I'm so happy for you, and I hope the nasty wet drama is over and done with forever. Your bathroom looks so nice and clean, you must be so thrilled!

    Feel better soon...
    xo J~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you J ! Yes, the first step of the process was the Bleach process then digging out the old damp plaster and re-doing that .. this is why it took so long.
    I chose white because I can't bring home color chips ! Imagine !
    I have marble floors and white ceramic tile then the marble trim along the edges, so the white is nice and crisp and clean. It also gives me a good background for whatever I want to do with accessories :)
    (like toile shades etc)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To see the bathroom back to its formal beauty will make you feel better, I promise!! Looks fabuloso, now...enjoy it and hopefully: no más plomeros, gasistas y pintores!!! Basta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well he did a great job there, you must be so pleased. Thanks for stopping by, I'm always pleased to read your comments
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I do love a good before and after story. Nice shit shack. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger