It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to you

To My Daughter On Her Birthday

Today is my daughters birthday.
I can still remember when she was born.
I remember how tiny and floppy she was and how I was so afraid I would break her neck.
I remember reaching into the cradle beside my bed, like one million times a night, to be sure she was still breathing.
I remember how much fun she was to dress up.
I remember she grew up way too fast.


Happy Birthday to my Ballerina ...

3 comments:

  1. Today's blog is so very sweet. And it is amazing and wonderful--not just the miracle of birth and life, which IS amazing and wonderful, but really when your daughter was born, you were pretty much still a kid yourself. (And it reminded me of how my mom said that my sister, who is 12 years older than I am, kept waking me up because she thought I wasn't breathing!)


    Happy Birthday to the Ballerina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely dear tribute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger