It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Paris

I would like to sell my house ( it is for sale already) and take all of my belongings and have them put 1- in storage
2- in a new house
and pack up Minette and go spend a few months in Paris.

Rent a studio apartment on the Left Bank and just Be There.
I will go to all the old spots we went to every year, the galleries, we always brought some small piece of art home with us as a souvenier.
The museums, I will have lunch at the D'Orsay , under the clock .. The Rodin, I will just sit in the gardens and absorb the beauty of the place.
The Picasso in the Marais then I will wander the Marais , the shops and stop and have a bite to eat and people watch.

I will sit in parks on a bench and be one of those old women in the park feeding the birds.

I will take a ride on the Bateau Mouche which I never did in all our time spent in Paris.

I will go to the Flea Market and root among the junk and find a little treasure to bring home.

I will have afternoon coffee in a cafe and people watch.

I will go to the cinema.

I will go to the Garnier and listen or see anything with music.

I will shop... boutiques, flea markets, department stores, galleries.

And every step of the way I will be talking to my husband in my head / heart .. about all the sights and sounds and smells that are Paris, the Paris he took me to for the first time , all those years ago.

9 comments:

  1. Don't wait to sell the house, just go, the house will be there when you return (or not, but that's a good thing, right?). Tomorrow is promised to no one. Enjoy today. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why wait? You could go now, couldn't you, while the house is for sale? Although I suppose the kitties might be problematic - I've never traveled with animals (one of the reasons we don't have any), so have no idea what's involved. A break in Paris is wonderful for clearing out the cobwebs, although I much prefer fall to summer :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, Vivian, how lovely if it were so simple. If it were, I would be blogging from Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would look after Merlin??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous- that was an oversight .. Merlin goes where we go .. my big hairy sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the best idea ever. And if you go now you won't have to put stuff in storage.

    Absolutely do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anony, every day I sit and try to figure out how to do about doing it :)
    One of them involves me saying &*&^ it ! I am moving to Paris with the cats.
    Other days I have some control.

    ReplyDelete
  8. &**^ control! You'll never regret doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to start thinking that way ... &^@% control ! lol ....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger