It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, November 14, 2014

Waking up to Winter

I  woke up to silence and Minette.
Minette wakes me up too early - 5 am - and doesn't stop nudging me ... feed me, pet me, open the door, mamaaaa.

But the silence kept dragging me back to sleep .. that big bed in that big warm bedroom just hung on to me ... never mind it was too early for anyone to be awake   .. it was too cozy to be awake !

But she didn't let up .. I dozed, while she ransacked the house .. finally I got up, staggered around, looked out the window.

A Winter Wonderland ... snow .. everywhere.
The huge pine and fir trees are decorated for the holidays .. the ground is covered but it is not deep.
Since the roads are clear and it is the First Snow of the Season, I will not freak out yet.

Company is coming for the weekend.

Company is coming for the holidays .. I have a busy time ahead and combined with hopes for new ventures here, I should be busy . Or frantic . Or insane. Minette and I will make a good pair.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger