It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sweet

That sweet little face just made my heart a tiny bit lighter today.

It is another blustery day , quite cold and a good day to stay in and nest.
Baking cookies is a good idea but that would require going to the store for bags of chocolate chips.
I guess I might force myself out to do that.

Weird how some days I wake up bouncing with energy and others the kitten has to drag me out .. push me down the hall to the kitchen and hold her bowl so I can pour her kibble in it.

I want to be out among people but they are all home too... it is a definite pre-winter day .. blustery and grey.

The squirrels and birds and chipmunks are working overtime to stock up for the winter.
I am glad the trees in the back provide lots of nutty things for them. Not to mention the nut in the house who is known to buy massive bags of bird seed and who shares her snacks with the chipmunks.
Minette just watches, biding her time, she will get out there and grab one of those creatures one day ..  so she thinks. Let her have her dreams .. the Blue Jays are bigger than Minnette.

I have been feeling slightly off lately but hoping it is going away. I am forcing myself to eat more .. blech.
I think a new project is needed. Something to look forward to, something to work on each day, something that will give satisfaction when done.
Aside from baking cookies of course.

We will see what ideas pop up.
Feel free to suggest anything .. don't feel bad if I say WhadarYoukidding ??

6 comments:

  1. Please feel better and knit a lovely sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think about planning a trip, doesn't have to be a long one. Nothing, for me, lifts my spirits more than knowing there is a wonderful trip in my future. Since you live on the East Coast, Europe really isn't that far. Planning and researching are half the fun. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take university courses online...a winter activity for a cold climate. I choose subjects I am interested in learning more about...nothing related to work/business allowed! Right now it's art history. They are self-paced so there is flexibility.
    I also learned basic Italian online and then went on to 'live' classes...maybe Minette could help you practice a new language!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna, thank you. I will feel better, you knit the sweater. love you !

    Madison, I realized that where I go, the kitten has to go so that just canceled out the plan to fly to Buenos Aires. I guess I have to just put her in her car crate and we will visit everyone we know in the US :) Where did you say you live ? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in California. If I lived closer I would be more than happy to cat sit for her while you took an out of country vacation. I know it is hard to leave them behind. I have 3 cats so it makes it a little easier leaving them. But on the other hand I don't take long, extended vacations. Such dedication we animal lovers have!

      Delete
  5. Georgia, great idea ! Thank you I will definitely look into it .. I am surrounded by Universities :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger