It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Moving Tips # 1

When preparing to Move House.. in any case, whether it is from an apartment to a house, to another apartment, from one state to another or in our case from one continent to another ... Remember .. when preparing to start packing, save the large box of photographs for Another Day.

Do not allow the Husband or in your case it might be the Wife, to sit down and go through 20-30-40 years of photographs and decide which ones stay and which go into the rubbish.

Especially if you are one of those people who is responsible for Saving Everything and your spouse  is responsible for Throwing Things Away That You Will Need/Want Later.

It is a matter of cosmic fortune that most couples are made of one of each of these categories, very few couples are made of 2 people who Throw Things Away or Keep Everything.
I don't know why this is so ... perhaps it is some sort of Cosmic Balance thing.



These Tips will come to you now and then, as the matter arises.
You never know when it will be your turn to pack up house and prepare to move , so pay attention !







6 comments:

  1. LOL this is hilarious! Sorry to hear that.

    I think it's the opposite with me and my partner. He keeps absolutely EVERYTHING and I throw things away. I think it is indeed a cosmic balance thing.

    Best
    Milsters

    (www.littlepiecesoflight.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend does the same thing...
    Throws everything away...I mean..
    I believe he has a tinge of OCD..
    SO...apparently he can't help himself...ha ha ha..

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the upcoming sale of your apartment.

    I just visited Buenos Aires for the first time and had a wonderful week. The Jacaranda trees were magnificent and I feel so fortunate to have seen them in person. Gorgeous!

    I thought of you while I was in Buenos Aires, as I have read your blog since planning my trip to Argentina. While walking the streets of Recoletta, I wondered if that is where you lived. I also felt concern for your ability to sell an apartment these days in Buenos Aires. But, to my happy surprise, I returned just yesterday and saw that you have sold your place. Congratulations, and good luck with your move!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might think about buying a scanner and digitising all your photographs. That is what we did before our last move. We have been able to provide family members with copies of all the photos and when we next see family we will be handing over all originals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Toula, Since this move is our 4th move in 7 years, I agree that the copying and protecting the photos is very important. I started doing that after our first move when the computer took its last breath from all the drama of being moved :)

    Anony, thanks so much. Yes, we put it on the market and everything went mal ...
    At least we were not desperate to move and it isn't exactly punishment to have to stay here longer than we planned :)
    besitos.

    Linda, I am the pack rat, the husband is the throwing away person .. I think this is part of that Opposites Attract theory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Milsters, see above .. opposites attact etc. Or how a man can remain annoying LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger