It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Changes

Things are changing .
I hate change sometimes, don't you ?
I mean, things were fine the way they were .
Everyone was content .. now there are 2 when there used to be 3 .. it is taking quite a bit of getting used to.
The street we live on was a one way street when we moved into our home.
Then they changed it to both ways.

There are huge parks nearby .. perfect for walking a Pup who enjoyed his little bit of lolling in the grass, sniffing every single leaf and twig and meeting other pups.

We enjoyed sitting on the huge marble benches placed in perfect spots in the shade of huge old trees.

Across the street, the park continues on with sculptures, another with statues and rolling hills and one with a playground and small reservoir for daddies to play with model boats on weekends.

In another direction, there is a shopping area, restaurants and hotels and more wonderful parks.. which until yesterday were green and serene and clean.

Today they are enclosed in tall yellow metal fencing and bulldozers and earth moving equipment have moved in and a new Subway Station and tunnel have begun.

So thankfully, we cannot see it from our windows and we hear nothing,  but Pups parks are going through a bit of change.

6 comments:

  1. I always hear the phrase "change is good" but sometimes I don't think that is true. I like the same old routine and comfort of things. I guess it is good to get something new in life occasionally but I am a creature of habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree .. Change is good but so is the comfort of the familiar routines.
    We seem to carry our routines with us wherever we go .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You marry the ideas of personal change/loss and larger community change/loss so well. I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jocelyn .. I am sorry that you know what I mean ( if you know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I've just discovered your blog through English Muse. I live in Buenos Aires too, it's so interesting to see the city through a foreigner's eyes (or camera, in this case). I'll definitely keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. change and loss are often the same,
    at least for me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger