It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Spring

The sun is out.
The clouds are tiny wispy things that drift by then melt away.
The sky is that amazing blue that can only be found in Argentina .( I made that part up).

Today I wore light spring clothing and we walked miles doing our errands ..
At the end of the walk, I was over-heated and grumpy and looking for 1- a place for a cold drink 2- trying to picture what is in the closet to put on when we get home that is cooler than what I am wearing now !

So of course, we got home, cooled off, went back out without the sweater and the wind is cold now.
This is Spring in Argentina ..

I have new plant hook thingees on the balcony railings to hold the plants better and safer.
I have these nightmares that the wind will blow a plant off on a pedestrian below.
I have these same nightmares that I am the pedestrian .. sometimes.
These nightmares usually come after one of us has been soaked by walking under a balcony/terrace where someone has overwatered the plants, a maid is mopping, or god forbid, a dog is peeing.
That is always a thought .. the dogs do hang out on terraces ..
I don't know what they do all day out on the terrace for bathroom facilities ...
perhaps it never happens but my Imagination- she is wild.

So we have lived here for 4 1/2 years and never really cared that we no longer got much in the way of English language television.
I could live with no television, it is the movies / cinema that means more to me.
We have that, but I mourn the loss of French , Italian, Japanese, whatever language movies .. they are only subtitled in Spanish.. our loss.
But on television, we get Dexter and Nurse Jackie and various English language shows .. thank goodness, we even get Downton Abbey.
We heart Downton Abbey.

But the eagle eyed husband noticed something in an online newspaper .. a channel where we can watch anything in English...
We are now catching up on Boardwalk and The Game of Thrones.
Nothing like a little television sex/violence and nudity in your own language.

The visitors will be here in less than 3 weeks.
We have a couple of daytrips planned.
We have a mental list of restaurants to go to.
We have music and dance venues lined up.
Their room is ready.
Which reminds me ... this room is where they will stay.
I most likely will take a week - 10 days off from blogging.

But prepare yourselves for the onslaught of stories and photos that will come after they leave.



2 comments:

  1. Is this your place???? OMG...gorgeous!!! I'd love to see the room that you are talking about. We had some wind today too and it was so fun to watch all the leaves blowing off the trees as though it were rain. So many of them!!! They scattered all across the road and land and it was really special. It really made me believe that Autumn is on the way with Winter not far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, No, I would not mind gardens like that but that is the Buenos Aires Japanese Gardens.Enjoy your Autumn, still my favorite time of year, whatever end of the world I am living in :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger